Chamber Membership Benefits
Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce Mission Statement
The Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce is an organization whereby many different business interests have joined together in a combined manner to maximize their ability to attract and increase the numbers of visitors to Chincoteague Island. The ultimate goal of the organization is to communicate the message that Chincoteague, the “Beautiful Land Across the Water”, is the most desirable location to visit and/or vacation with family or friends.
Benefits of Chamber Membership
- Customer Referrals: The chamber refers its members to hundreds of folks weekly. Whether it is a tourist looking for a restaurant or a resident looking for a plumber—we send people to your business.
- Chamber Website: Your business has the opportunity to be viewed by thousands of potential customers each week. Your listing on the chamber website includes a link to your website; an INFO Box which is a mini web page including two hundred words you create and a photo; and an email link.
- Mobile Phone Optimized Website--specifically designed for people traveling and checking the website on the go.
- Listing in Chincoteague Island Visitor Guide: 110,000 copies printed annually and distributed to AAA offices, VA Welcome Centers, Convention and Visitor Bureaus and other tourism offices around the world. This is the prime response piece mailed to people calling or emailing requesting information on the area.
- Online Visitor Guide: Initiated in 2009 at no cost to members, it has received an amazing number of hits the first year. More exposure for your yearly investment dollar.
- Weekly “Out & About” Email Blast: Summary of what’s happening in the area for the current week sent to all chamber members with an email address. Great way to stay informed of local events and activities.
- Brochure Space in Chamber Office: Each member may place rack cards or business cards in the office for distribution.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: Easter Decoy Festival, Seafood Festival, Oyster Festival, Christmas Parade, Annual General Membership Meeting, Annual Awards Dinner to recognize Citizen & Business Person of the Year.
- Mail Label Program: Members have the opportunity to purchase the mailing labels of people who have requested information from the chamber.
- The chamber maintains a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest with regular postings of happenings, events, seminars, workshops and other items of interest to both visitors and residents.
- Film, TV, Print Media Contacts: The chamber works closely with travel writers and photographers, film producers, and TV personalities to gather information for possible stories, documentaries, or magazine articles.
- Relocation Packets: Members’ information is included in the Visitor Guide which is included in all relocation packets requested.
- Advertising: Opportunities are available to advertise on the chamber website or in the Visitor Guide. Banner Advertising is a proven way to attract consumers to your website first. An ad placed in the Visitor Guide will also be viewed by thousands in the online visitor guide at the chamber website.
- Travel Show Promotion: Visitor Guide is distributed at travel shows and venues attended by the chamber as an outreach to promote businesses in the area.
- In-Season Weekly Availability Survey: Staff keeps weekly survey of which accommodations have openings in order to direct visitors your way.
- Chamber Committees: Membership provides opportunities to serve on various committees for the betterment of the community in which we live.
- Networking: The chamber offers opportunities to get to know other members while learning about the host business. Business After Hours, Seminars, Workshops and joint meetings with other organizations are just a few examples of the possibilities.
- Active Board of Directors: Eleven board members meet monthly to steer the chamber’s course and remain on the path to fulfilling the mission statement. It is a true "working board" where each director is very "hands-on" in his or her approach.
- Scholarship Awards: The chamber awards one scholarship to a graduating Chincoteague High School Senior each year and also to participants at the Virginia Space Flight Academy on Wallops Island.
- National, State & Local Affiliations: The Chincoteague Chamber is a member of the Virginia Tourism Corporation, the Virginia Hospitality & Travel Association, the Eastern Shore of Virginia Tourism Commission, the Virginia Chamber of Commerce, and Virginia Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives to stay abreast of all local, state and national issues and concerns and to inform the membership as needed.
- Partnerships: The Chamber partners with the Town of Chincoteague, the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, National Park Service, the County of Accomack, other chambers, and various other agencies on projects of interest to citizens and visitors.
- Value-added Benefits with Optima Health Association Plan: Chamber members have the opportunity to receive discounts on health insurance plans through Optima Health.
Click here for Optima Health Association Plans Value-Added Benefits!